We spent a lovely evening tonight having dinner on the deck. Jason just got back from a work trip to Atlanta in time for dinner. [Note, his "work" trip also involved tickets to the NCAA Championship Game last night!] We had pasta, fresh homemade bread, and salad. The dog laid out there with us. After dinner Rory stood up from her seat and promptly (and with the grace of her mother) fell on the deck and started SCREAMING. Daddy tended nicely to her bleeding knee, calmed her, and had her laughing before the band-aid was on. Then I look at the table where the iPad was sitting and noticed pasta sauce on the iPad.
Me: "Who did this, may I ask??"
Jason: "It's pasta sauce. That was all Rory."
Rory (still on the ground looking at her band-aid): "Don't throw me under the bus like that in front of everyone!"
Jason was speechless and I just laughed. I mean, she was quick! And she used it perfectly!
And of course, like every other time she says something we've never heard her say before ...
Us: "Where did you hear that?"
Rory: "A book of course!"
Is it too late to un-teach her to read??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment