As many of you know, we have gone out of our way to make sure Rory gets healthy food. She is 3 1/2 and she has ever had fast food. I'm not saying that to say in any way that we are better parents than those whose kids have had fast food, just as context for this little story from this morning.
Driving to school, Rory decided today that she wanted to know what everything was that we were passing.
"What's that, Mommy?" "A phone store."
"What's that?" "A bank."
"What's that?" "Starbucks." (I will note, she DOES recognize Sbux, thanks to Mommy!)
Then we come up to the golden arches, which in this morning's gray rain, seem to be glowing like a landing strip!
"What's that, Mommy?" "Um, that's McDonald's, honey. It's a fast food restaurant. And look, there's a school bus!" (trying to distract)
And I am interrupted by "NO Mommy! That's is NOT a fast food restaurant. I know because I've been in there!"
And then I remember ... "Oh, you're right Rory. That's a place where we return movies, isn't it?"
"Yes, Mommy."
Thank god for RedBox.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment