Moments ago, while sitting at dinner, Rory asked if she could see my rings. For the first time, I let her hold my wedding ring. She slid it on her finger and was talking about how pretty it was. Then, smiling and staring at it, she said somewhat to herself, AND I QUOTE:
"I hope I get these when you die."
Followed by...
"When you both die, everything you own will be MINE." I was waiting for the maniacal laughter that would indicate that she was quoting some movie, but there was none. Nada. Totally her own original thought.
Jason and I simultaneously did jaw-drops and reached for our cell phones to call our respective moms.
Suffice it to say, we will be taking shifts sleeping tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your kid is CRAZY!!!! Holy cow - that is HILARIOUS!!!
ReplyDeleteWhile you are laughing, don't forget to call and check on Jason and I in the morning!
ReplyDeleteNow you definitely have to rewatch the film clip from 'Away We Go'. The little kid, Bennett, could be plotting with Rory....
ReplyDelete