
On May 1, I went back to work and Rory started spending her days with Nanny. Nanny lives a few miles from us and is a dream come true! Have you ever seen someone who looks more like Aunt Bea (from The Andy Griffith Show)?? (That's Rory on the left.) Daddy is having a hard time walking out the door when he drops her off in the morning, resulting in long Jewish goodbyes every morning. Nanny's husband is called Paw Paw by all the kids, and they love him. We're happy Rory has somewhere so great to spend her days until I get to come pick her up!! My piece of advice for every Mom going back to work... if you can, start taking the baby to daycare the week BEFORE you go back to work. Completely worth paying for an extra week of daycare. I was able to take her for a few hours a day to warm up to it, plus I could stop in unannounced and see how she was doing and how things were run at Nanny's. I felt MUCH better coming back to work after that kind of time with Nanny.

No comments:
Post a Comment